Tuesday, August 27, 2019

'Tie Me Chicago' taken down

I have restricted the sale of 'Tie Me Chicago' on Lulu to 'Direct Sales'.

Anyone who has not read the story and has interest please email me at chris_bellows@hotmail.com.

After offering on Amazon the book got 'bushwhacked' by a reader who suggests in his review 'beware of the bait and switch' . Whatever that is, the comment infers that I am deceptive in my writing. Otherwise it is unexplained... further stating that the story  'started out prominence (sic) went off in a different direction and became very ordinary and boring'.

So it's no longer offered for public sale, lest I deceive others with my 'bait and switch'.

A peeve... when offering critical review, please explain yourself!

The story is over 18,000 words and required some two months of effort. 'Lyle S.' killed it in 21 words and probably 5 minutes.

Regards,

CB


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think reviewers should be honest but I agree explain both for negative and positive reviews. The readers and authors know. One person's preference will not be for another too. What made you remove this, there have been no sales since the review? I would be annoyed but not pay attention because it is one reader's view that does not explain. Your work is great.

Chris Bellows said...

Anon,

Thank you. Glad you enjoy.

There is a propensity for readers who like stuff to be silent and those who find distaste to express themselves.

If there were other comments, objectively critical, I would have left the story offered on Amazon and published others there. But as it stands, browsers of Amazon have only one person, one reader to gauge my efforts and his words stand out in the face of silence.

I sold very few 'Tie Me' on Amazon. My frustration is that in the world of Amazon and its users, I am to be judged by one person, and I doubt he finished reading the story.

In my book descriptions I am now adding 'this is not about romance' as I feel some folks are looking for 'spank and giggle stuff'... which other authors do so much better than me.

Thank you for commenting. Glad you like my stories.

CB