Friday, April 3, 2020

Still Writing

A reader named Dave (surname withheld) emailed me expressing concern...

***************

Hi Chris:

I am a longtime and avid fan or your writing,having purchased virtually all of your books and stories online over the past 8-10 years. I hope that you are well and healthy!

Since I've noticed - as I'm sure many others have over the past few months - that you have posted no new story or book chapters since @January 23, 2020.  Since that is out of character for you. it has me worried that something might have happened to you.  I hope that is just temporary burnout and not a lack of interest or ability due to some unforeseen circumstances.

I look forward to your next book(s)!  I have never read any other author who writes as well and with such delightful, perverse and intensely erotic tales about dominant women and the men who fall under their spell.  In the recent absence of any new works by you, I've tried others' works through a variety of online stores, Femdom Cave, etc, None of them turn me on anywhere near as much as your writings.

Thank you for all of your hard work and books!

Best regards,

David 

***************

My response....

David,

Thank you for thinking of me. Yes all is well.

This time of year I get busy with other work. Plus I am finishing up a story destined (I hope) for Pink Flamingo, for whom I have not written in almost two years.

Unfortunately they request that I not post anything as teasers. Apparently such irritates the big purveyors like Amazon... which ironically I try to avoid marketing through with my Lulu stuff. I've found the best way to avoid that outlet is to not assign an ISBN. No ISBN, they can't offer it.

I understand the frustration of finding good erotica. I spent a few weeks looking over what Amazon offers in the D/s genre and I'm amazed at the lack of quality. I'd rather not have my stuff floating in such a cesspool.

That said, I have read some Molly Sands and Lutheran Maid stories. Good writing. Ms. Sands nicely builds her characters, writes good dialogue, but her themes are very repetitive. Lutheran Maid also tells a story well, yet needs to better edit, and again his primary theme, interracial cuckolding, is told over and over.

At your suggestion I'll post a note in apology to the readers. With all the Covid 19 upheaval and stay at home mandates, reading should be a likely past time.

I suspect I'll have this new story to PF by month's end (probably for release in August or September) and will at that point resume blog stuff.

It's been 20 years of writing quality smut. I suspect some 10,000,000 words. Just when  I think I'm out of ammo something pops into the imagination. Plus there are some uncompleted stories I need to finish... which requires more time than imaginable to get back into.

Again, thanks for writing. And if you do read some Molly Sands and Lutheran Maid, share your thoughts. It's important that the genre not be deluged with crap, though it seems that notion comes too late.

Regards,

CB 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris, good to know, that You are still well. I hope that will be the same for the future. Having to wait til autumn for Your next book is hard to digest. Best wishes from Germany, another of Your numerous avid readers. Take care!

Unknown said...

Anon,

I'll get back to the blog before autumn. Just need to finish the PF effort.

CB

MarvelousMouthMuscles said...

Its great to see you are doing well. Submitting to Mistress Jade is phenomenal and I long for the opportunity to read about Michael pleasuring the football stud, Jim Powell.

Anonymous said...

CB,
Good to know you're well. A new book for Pink Flamingo is exciting news -- I'm sure we're all looking forward to a full length novel. Your first for two years? Was "The Cuckold and the Cuckoldress" two years ago? How time flies...
You said you can't give any excerpts, but any hints about the new book's subject?

For your lulu work, looking forward to reading when time permits.
I agree the prospect of him submitting to "Mr Powell" is a tantalizing one.

D Daly

Chris Bellows said...

D Daly,

Thank you for the kind words.

The new book has been submitted for consideration. It is tentatively entitled 'The Suitcase', but there are no assurances that such will survive editing. Titles like 'Dominated and Spanked by Behemoth Martian Women' seem to be the preferred moniker attached to D/s stuff these days.

Yes, a Pink Flamingo effort has been long in the making. Believe the last release was 'Nusquam Beckons'. It seems my pen is more given to short stories and novelettes these days. Could be I become bored with my own story after 20,000 to 30,000 words.

Go figure.

Thanks again.

CB