Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Literotica

Attempted to post ‘Visits’ on a site termed ‘Literotica ‘ and received this rejection notice... 

Dear Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site. However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

    Were there URL links, site addresses, or other advertisements within the story?
    We don't publish partial works as "teasers".

In the preamble to the story I referenced this blog which is apparently verboten.

So what the editor considers to be a teaser I consider 'giving to get' and building a brand name, so to speak.

Thus I now understand why the site is such a vast repository of poorly written stuff. If you’re a professional writer and wish to draw attention to your efforts, it can’t be done there. 


I've tried and tried to find on Literotica a story worthy of the time to read and consistently fail. 

Any readers find good stuff there?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff can be found on literotica. Such as "The anguished E" :-). But You walk for miles through piles of junk until You find such precious gemstones. So basicaly it is "litter otica" sometimes.

Chris Bellows said...

I did not post 'The Anguished E', if in fact it's on Literotica.

It is posted on the Eunuch Archive, but I'm not sure that site remains active.

CB

Anonymous said...

Oh, wait. ..I forgott. The anguished E can be found on the eunuch.org forum. Sorry for that .

Anonymous said...

I have an annual membership to Scribd, but by the time I found your work there, it seems you were already in the processing of pulling out. Literotica is a site that I've cruised a few times per year for odd topics like alien abduction, electro and medical related scenarios, but had little success in such endeavors overall. Your work is too good for Literotica beyond any possible new readership potentials (IMHO, of course)

Your work is really twisted and creative. I have lurked here for over a year admiring from afar, while leaving a small trail of KU and Scribd reviews. In fact, I have a folder dedicated to your work, your blog entries, and other smatterings. No other fiction authors but M.Atwood and G.Orwell can boast such an accomplishment on this particular laptop.

Count me among your longterm fans.

-X

Chris Bellows said...

Reply to the August 14 comment from -X.

Sorry I did not respond earlier. I missed your comment.

Yes, it's curious that not only do the efforts on Literotica disappoint, such do so en mass... thousands and thousands of stories, written in my opinion to flesh out an author's fantasy(s) rather than entertain the reader.

When I peruse, I only glance at the higher rated stuff and thereafter cringe at the thought of reading what does not pass muster, the lower rated.

My thoughts (reiterated)...

If one is writing to entertain, grammar, spelling and punctuation are important. Eliminate the distraction of having the reader becoming an editor.

And if you want to excite someone, use present tense. This immerses the reader's imagination into the action, rather than offering the sense that they are aloof and only involved from afar.

I have yet to find a Literotica story not written in past tense.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

CB